HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
- Your device’s IP address: This is a numeric code assigned to your device which lets a web server know where to send the images and text you see on your screen. Your device sends it out automatically every time you visit a web page. It is generally not considered personally identifiable information, as different users can share the same IP address in a household, dorm, or office, for example, but we thought you should know it does get shared with us. We, or our hosting provider, may keep logs of visiting IP addresses and related information (date and time of visit, which pages viewed, browser version, etc.) but only and for such time as is needed to support internal operations of the site or as required by law. Also note that while we employ Google Analytics to help us make decisions based on web traffic, it is only in such a manner that IP addresses are anonymized before being saved by Google.
- Data from Google: Your Google Ads cookie, assuming your browser allows cookies. Cookies are small text files advertisers and websites frequently place on your device to let them save information about you. In the case of the Google Ads cookie, it uses this information to serve advertising it believes would be of interest to a particular user. If this is a concern and you’d like more information, we encourage you to visit https://www.google.com/settings/ads. If you’d like to clear your device’s saved cookies or block them all together in the future, consult your browser’s help menu for instructions. Additionally, we use Google Analytics to help us better understand our site’s traffic and users. Google Analytics associates visitation information it collects from our site with Google information from accounts of signed-in users who have consented to this association for the purpose of ads personalization. This Google information may include end-user location, search history, YouTube history, and data from sites that partner with Google—and is used to provide aggregated and anonymized insights into audience behavior. Your data can be accessed and/or deleted via My Activity. We do not pay for advertising and use this data only to better understand our demographic.
Now for a few words about links:
FoxTrot.com contains links to outside sites we think might be of use or interest to at least a few of our readers. These sites may have privacy policies very different from ours, so we recommend users familiarize themselves with those policies as well, should they choose to visit these sites.
This is especially true with social media sites. We currently feature links to Bill Amend’s public social media accounts on Twitter Facebook and Instagram. These links are not meant as endorsements of those sites or services, nor as encouragements for our visitors to join them, nor as signs of approval as to the quality or content of Bill’s occasional blatherings, but simply as helpful links for users of those sites or services to locate or identify Bill’s accounts. Social media sites tend to allow for the sharing of a great deal of personal information, so we recommend that if you choose to visit one of these sites, you review the service’s terms and privacy policies with utmost care upon arrival.
To be clear: We are not responsible for any information you share once you leave our site.
EUROPEAN UNION/GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”)
If you are located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws to the GDPR, FoxTrot.com provides such users the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or to place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information;
- the right to have the information you directly provided to us provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format;
- wherein the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions that have significant legal effect based on the automated processing of your information, including profiling; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters.
If we hold any information about you that is incorrect, or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up-to-date. We will retain your information for the duration of our business relationship and afterward for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
Please direct all communications regarding this site’s privacy matters to:
privacy (at_sign) foxtrot (dot) com
or by postal mail to:
FoxTrot Labs, LLC
P.O. Box 30209
Kansas City, MO 64112